Jesus and rock and roll couldn't save my immoral soul.
"You pull on me too hard,
and I end up spilling underneath
your bed like a bottle of pills that don’t fit
right anywhere else.
Today, for the first time,
I have decided to say no to all the poems.
I have decided to say no to all the mistakes.
I tried to stitch myself up
so I’d be pretty enough
to be loved by you,
and I never thought about what I wanted to become
Well, today I am saying no to your hands.
The way they hold my hips like they belong there.
Didn’t anyone teach you not to pry?
Today, I am turning you into a grocery list
and today, I am forgetting to go to the store.
You don’t like the way I look when I am honest,
so I am going to start telling the truth all the time.
On the way home from this tragedy,
I won’t remember to apologize,
so stop waiting for it.
I know what you thought when I told you
I loved like healing.
You thought it meant all soft lips and silk fingers,
but if you have ever been bruised
then you know all about the purple of strength.
There is nothing soft about it,
and I refuse to be an exception just to make
this easier to look at.
I think it’s supposed to hurt a little.
I think that makes it easier to let it go."
— Y.Z, the yellow bruises from that boxing match (via rustyvoices)
“To have compassion as an actor is to have compassion for the characters that I play. That’s what it means to me. And whatever they’re going through, whatever their predicament, I have to suffer with them. I have to understand, I have to not judge it. I have to be forgiving of it. To have compassion for a character is no different from having compassion for another human being. If you’re playing a character, to have compassion for him is to play them honestly. And so I suppose, suffering with them is to suffer their arrogance, or their misogyny, or their insanity.”
"We have heard tell that Legolas took Gimli Gloin’s son with him because of their great friendship, greater than any that has been between Elf and Dwarf. If this is true, then it is strange indeed: that a Dwarf should be willing to leave Middle-earth for any love, or that the Eldar should receive him, or that the Lords of the West should permit it."
"1. Kiss that cute boy at the party, but push him away as soon as he puts his hand up your skirt
2. Smoke a cigarette for the first time, and make it your last
3. Don’t straighten your hair for a week, see how many compliments you get
4. Blast your favourite song even when your mum has told you off for playing it too loudly. Enjoy those 3 minutes of pure happiness before she pulls the plug out.
5. Say yes to going out, you’ll have something to tell your grandchildren about
6. Paint a sun on a rainy day, then stick it to the window
7. Eat the cupcake, you have better things to worry about than those 300 calories
8. Do yoga and meditate as often as possible
9. Stand up for yourself. Someone called you a slut? Someone said you are ugly? Someone said your art work was boring and dull? That is your cue to fucking stand up for yourself and make them speechless
10. Don’t respond to a group of males whistling at you. You’re a human being, not a fucking dog
11. Leave your headphones at home, see how much you are missing out on because you’re always lost in your own thoughts
12. Carry hand sanitizer and bandaids in your purse
13. Wear sexy underwear, loads of leather, a fur coat, heels and purple lipstick. Do it for yourself, not for the hot guy next door.
14. If you’re having a bad day, cry, scream, punch a pillow, throw stuff around. Then you pick up the mess, including yourself and get back up.
15. Smile, be polite and get on peoples good sides for starters
16. Stop waiting for your crush, stop dressing up for the bar man that serves you a free drink or staying extra hours at work for your boss. Stop impressing these dickheads and start impressing yourself.
17. Laugh until you cry, and when the girl sitting next to you in class tells you to shut up, laugh even louder.
18. Do whatever feels right in the moment, laugh, cringe and regret it later. Repeat."